About Alexander Stack Professional Corporation
Intellectual Property and Commercial Lawyer Toronto, ON
I am an intellectual property and commercial lawyer, with extensive patent, trademark, confidentiality other intellectual property as well as commercial experience in the technology and pharmaceutical sectors. I am called to the bar and a patent and trademark agent in both Canada (Ontario, and the Canadian Intellectual Property Office) and the United States (New York, and the United States Patent and Trademark Office).
Before starting my own practice as Alexander Stack Professional Corporation or ASPC, I practiced in one of Canada’s largest law firms, as well as a boutique law firm focused on litigation and advice for companies in regulated industries. I also worked as in-house counsel for one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies. I have an unusually broad technical background, with an undergraduate degree in chemical engineering and chemistry focussed on computer applications, and a masters degree in nonlinear modelling and control in the chemical industry. I am comfortable working with technology ranging from pure computer software and social media technology to mechanical inventions to pharmaceuticals.
My experience includes:
- Review, strategic advice, and negotiation of contracts for a major outsourcing project for a large insurance company;
- Negotiating sophisticated software as a service agreement for Bay St. wealth-management firm;
- Drafting and obtaining patents, including patent strategy advice, for clean-tech, mechanical and chemical process patents;
- Obtained hundreds of trademark registrations in Canada, the United States and abroad;
- Managing the trademark portfolio for a large Canadian health charity;
- Litigation support and technical strategy for one of Canada’s most complex patent litigations, in the image processing and computer security technologies;
- Trademark and enforcement matters for a major automobile company;
- Strategic advice, negotiating licensing, assignment and product development contracts for a clinical stage biotechnology company;
I have also earned a doctorate (S.J.D.) in addition to my J.D., and I have published in the intellectual property and international law and relations field.
Services: Trademark Law | Patent Law | Commercial Agreements | Trade Secrets | Industrial Designs | Copyright Law | Foreign Representation
Alexander Stack Professional Corporation serves clients from Toronto, Hamilton, Kitchener, Waterloo, Ottawa and across Canada and globally.